Sunday 16 December 2012

My elegant wife, Borough Market

Shamefully, I had never visited Borough Market in my adult life in spite of being a (not quite born but raised) Londoner. On Saturday my wife and I were finally able to cross this off our list. 
As always, my wife was looking as stylish and elegant as ever and I couldn't resist taking yet another photo of her.
Borough Market bustled with artisanal food aficionados and curious tourists. We did a full lap around the market to get our bearings before deciding to purchase some delicious feta cheese and fig relish from Neal's Yard Dairy; we then embarked on our usual Saturday morning routine of finding the best sweet treat available (a fist size mince pie on this occasion, also from Neal's Yard Dairy - nice but not amazing) and some decent caffein pick-me-ups from Monmouth Coffee
As nice as Borough Market is, Maltby Street Market, located a stone's throw away, definitely has the edge, simply in terms of it having a similar high quality level of street food available, coupled with it's off-the-beaten-track location and the fact that swathes of tourists haven't yet descended upon it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. Wish I had a man that would capture such lovely photos of me! She looks beautiful, and I absolutely love these series!

    ReplyDelete